Advocates for Self-Government President Sharon Harris and other communication experts provide tips, tools and training which will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with what the Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty. Learn about the best libertarian resources, the liberty movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events — and more.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our popular email newsletter. Get Intellectual Ammunition; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a great ice breaker, making it a great way for someone that may not be very outgoing to start a conversation about liberty.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!
- In my campaign, the best way to expose someone to how libertarian they are was the World’s Smallest Political Quiz.
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Doug Craig, Chairman, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
- Rupert Boneham, 2012 Libertarian Party of Indiana Gubernatorial Candidate and former Survivor contestant
From Our Facebook Page
"I think that nothing is so important for freedom as recognizing in the law each individual’s natural right to property, and giving individuals a sense that they own something that they’re responsible for, that they have control over, and that they can dispose of." - Milton Friedman
May 26, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Thomas Sowell - Townhall.com Columnist nails it!
Priority #1 is re-election.
May 26, 2015 at 11:01 am
The taxes make it taste so much better, don't they?
The tax take is too high, right? Just guessing.
May 25, 2015 at 8:12 pm
14 year old Americans and almost half of American Millenials have never known a day without war in their lives.
Is war the new normal?
The Millennial generation – young Americans born who became adults in or around 2000 – have now spent much of their lives with the United States at war, according to Martha Raddatz, an ABC News journalist who recently gave a commencement speech at Kenyon College.
May 25, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Using "anti-terrorism measures" in a completely unrelated way?
Sounds like Big Government!
About one half of one percent of "sneak-and-peek" warrants are used in terrorism investigations.
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Mary J Ruwart Ph.D.'s photo.
Something to consider as we remember the fallen..
War voraciously consumes resources, destroying the prosperity of nations which engage in it regularly. Consequently, war should always be a last resort, rather than a way of life. We should bring our troops home. War is too easily waged by those who do not have to fight and die.
May 24, 2015 at 9:22 pm
"We're not seeing symptom reduction. We're seeing symptom elimination."
DENVER – Growing up in Texas, the threat of seizures always prevented Alexis Bortell from riding a bicycle. "There's a big difference because in
May 24, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Why does Ron Paul want to #EndTheDrugWar?
The drug war does more damage than the drugs themselves.
May 24, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Do you use Facebook to advocate for Liberty?
When you post political, economic, and social commentary on Facebook, you invite your "circle," and possibly strangers (if your posts are public), to comment, debate, and engage in that topic. For me, this is an OPPORTUNITY to share libertarian ideas and possibly persuade others to join us in the li…
May 23, 2015 at 8:04 pm
Have you been able to use a gas can without getting fuel all over yourself recently?
Our friend Jeffrey A. Tucker hasn't, and here's how government "fixed" the gas can:
Gas cans: Jeffrey Tucker on his five years of gas can hell and how the government has managed to mandate dysfunction and danger in the simplest of tools.
May 23, 2015 at 2:29 pm
If class warfare is legit, focus on the class that's causing all of the problems.
May 23, 2015 at 10:17 am
Find out why Rand Paul's "filibuster" was important, why peace should be our focus this holiday weekend, and how #BigGovernmentStrikesAgain in yesterday's Liberator Online.
For many, Monday is the last of a three-day holiday weekend. A mark of the beginning of summer, this weekend is likely to be filled with activities, cookouts, and even special retail sales. Here in Indianapolis, this weekend is home to one of the biggest events in motorsports, the Indianapolis 500. …
May 22, 2015 at 8:06 pm
More wisdom from Harry Browne:
May 22, 2015 at 3:21 pm
No good deed...
What are they going to charge him with? Attempted kindness?
May 22, 2015 at 11:07 am
What happens when we we are not free to speak, President Washington?
Thanks to our friends at Campaign for Liberty for sharing!
May 21, 2015 at 7:40 pm
Kinda makes you want to sew your pockets shut, huh?
May 21, 2015 at 2:49 pm
In 2013, Republican lawmakers griped about their salaries. Now, Democrats are doing the same.
The Democratic Party says it's the party of the working class, but congressional Democrats this week complicated that pitch by calling for a pay raise for members of Congress.
May 21, 2015 at 10:28 am
They may not be on our libertarian path yet, but they can be.
May 20, 2015 at 7:19 pm
Are you watching?
Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) is making extended remarks on the Senate floor in opposition to provisions in the Patriot Act related to NSA surveillance.
May 20, 2015 at 2:59 pm