Advocates for Self-Government President Sharon Harris and other communication experts provide tips, tools and training which will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with what the Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty. Learn about the best libertarian resources, the liberty movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events — and more.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our popular email newsletter. Get Intellectual Ammunition; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a great ice breaker, making it a great way for someone that may not be very outgoing to start a conversation about liberty.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Doug Craig, Chairman, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
From Our Facebook Page
November 26, 2014 at 12:12 pm
Our friends at FEE have some fantastic seminars throughout the country for today's high school and college students. Here's an opportunity to sign up:
FEE’s seminars give students the tools they need to apply economic thinking in their daily lives. For 2015, FEE presents 12 three-day seminars throughout the country, each of which explores different topics and dimensions of the freedom philosophy. Applications are open now through March 31, 2015, a…
November 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm
"The government doesn't have any responsibility. PEOPLE have responsibility... You and I have responsibility."
Milton Friedman 1978. From a lecture given at Stanford University. Read about the racist minimum wage here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/williams-w/w-williams6...
November 25, 2014 at 5:26 pm
In the eyes of the government, NOT adding Vitamin A to milk no longer qualifies it as milk. Got it?
"The government is censoring me from telling my customers what is in the milk they want to buy."
November 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
"A black market is a free market operating against the wishes of the state." -- Harry Browne
November 24, 2014 at 6:24 pm
The damage to our freedom comes from DC moreso than those that supposedly hate us for it.
November 24, 2014 at 2:14 pm
DC's policies continue the downfall of both our economic and personal freedom:
We're not number one. In fact, when it comes to personal freedom, we're not even close — so says a new international ranking from the Legatum Institute in London. No less than 20 other nations ranked ahead of America in regards to personal freedom, which is calculated based on protections of c…
November 24, 2014 at 9:57 am
Despite the rhetoric coming from DC and state capitals across the country, debt, regulation, and spending dampen economic opportunity for those who aren't well-connected.
November 23, 2014 at 8:36 pm
Anyone care to list the most offensive behavior exhibited by government?
November 23, 2014 at 2:51 pm
One of the easiest ways to persuade is to be a likeable person. Here's a quick guide to make that a bit easier:
Meeting new people can be awkward. What should you say? How can you make a good impression? How do you keep a conversation going? Research…
November 23, 2014 at 10:35 am
Fear is an easily stimulated emotion. Don't let it guide you.
November 22, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Knowing what to say will improve your conversations.
So will knowing what not to say.
Want a quick way to recognize what not to do or say? Want a simple and direct way to identify and avoid some of the worst communication landmines?
November 22, 2014 at 4:36 pm
Part of the responsibility that comes with power is that you don't abuse that power.
November 22, 2014 at 11:15 am
"[A] Winter Haven middle school went into lockdown as two armed police officers burst into classrooms, guns drawn, leaving the unsuspecting children terrified — and their parents furious."
Florida police officers surprised students, teachers and parents with an unannounced active shooter drill at Jewett Middle Academy in Winter Haven.
November 21, 2014 at 7:39 pm
How many have opened their eyes and seen how government operates?
Fifty years ago, FBI operatives sent Martin Luther King, Jr. was has come to be known as the "suicide letter," an anonymous note suggesting the civil
November 21, 2014 at 2:36 pm
No truer words, Milton Friedman...
November 21, 2014 at 10:25 am
November 20, 2014 at 8:13 pm
November 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm
It's certainly better than having them in our pockets, right?
November 20, 2014 at 11:25 am
For what do you use "The Force"?