Advocates for Self-Government President Sharon Harris and other communication experts provide tips, tools and training which will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, and ten questions on specific political issues to find your place in today’s politics.
Keep up with what the Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty. Learn about the best libertarian resources, the liberty movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events — and more.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our popular email newsletter. Get Intellectual Ammunition; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
From Our Facebook Page
April 22, 2014 at 7:35 pm
April 22, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Regulation benefits the regulators and their cronies far more than any ancillary benefit to the targets.
April 22, 2014 at 10:35 am
Before government's intervention, people took care of each other with compassion and to get them back on their feet.
Today, that compassion is gone as government forces "giving" and promotes recipient longevity on assistance and living an "approved" lifestyle.
In the battle for jobs and investments, nations can change policy to impact their attractiveness, but they also can gain ground or lose ground because of what happens in other nations.
April 21, 2014 at 8:10 pm
The recent anti-authoritarian theme in pop culture is encouraging.
Thanks for the reminder, Cap!
April 21, 2014 at 3:25 pm
Giving people the opportunity to choose is a key principle of libertarianism. You may not agree with that choice, though you respect their right to make it. Live and let live.
"Free Will and Human Dignity: A Love Story" by @LearnLiberty ► Get Learn Liberty updates in your inbox! http://LearnLiberty.org/subscribe What is the value o...
April 21, 2014 at 10:40 am
There are lots of libertarian organizations and resources out there. What are some of YOUR favorite libertarian resources online?
Feel free to tag their page in the comments, if they're on Facebook.
You can also check out some of the ones we've collected here:
Acton Institute The mission of the Acton Institute is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. The Adam Smith Institute The Adam Smith Institute is Britain’s leading innovator of free-market economic and social policies. Ad…
April 20, 2014 at 7:25 pm
"An individual will feel compelled to respond favorably to something which promises great personal benefit at low cost or risk. The same individual will tend to turn away from those things which deliver little or no benefit, especially if they do so only at high cost."
ARTICLEThe Role of IncentiveMAY 01, 1982 by LAWRENCE W. REEDMr. Reed is Assistant Professor of Economics at Northwood Institute in Midland, Michigan. He is director of the college’s summer Freedom Seminars. Also he is co-editor of the recent college text, When We Are Free.There’s a great deal of tal…
April 20, 2014 at 3:50 pm
Can you force someone to be compassionate?
April 20, 2014 at 11:26 am
Is the law more important than your morals?
April 19, 2014 at 6:20 pm
Do you trust the government that mandated low-flow toilets to manage our health care delivery system?
April 19, 2014 at 12:46 pm
More from the late, great Harry Browne:
April 18, 2014 at 7:25 pm
War means waste and destruction. Peace means prosperity and abundance.
April 18, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Immortal words from the late Harry Browne:
"When government imposes mandates and regulations, you lose the freedom to choose what's best for you." - Harry Browne
April 18, 2014 at 12:32 pm
"You can find a copy on which it..." on their own link.
April 18, 2014 at 9:47 am
Do you envision a cooperative, generous and abundant society?
Sharon Harris (President of The Advocates for Self Government) refutes some of the common myths used to prevent many from embracing a free market and demonstrates how Adam Smith's "invisible hand" works to bring about a better life for all.
What would a truly free society look like? Sharon Harris envisions a cooperative, generous and abundant society. She refutes the common myths that prevent ma...
April 17, 2014 at 7:20 pm
The research team envisions a future where contour crafters could be used for disaster relief to build emergency housing and to create affordable housing for those who are displaced, homeless or in desperate living conditions.
Could this be the end to the slums?
Researchers from the University of Southern California created a 3D printer that can build a 2,500 square-foot house in 24 hours.
April 17, 2014 at 2:35 pm
Here's a #TBT of The Advocates for Self Government Founder Marshall Fritz with quizzes in hand, ready to talk to folks about the new Diamond Chart and where they fall on the political map.
April 17, 2014 at 10:40 am
"The kids were motivated, busy and engaged. In my experience, the time children get into trouble is when they are not busy, motivated and engaged. It's during that time they bully other kids, graffiti or wreck things around the school."
When given the chance to work out consequences, children developed a sense of what is appropriate.
Ripping up the playground rulebook is having incredible effects at an Auckland school.
April 16, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Could Google jump on the crypto-currency bandwagon?
Since Overstock.com began accepting Bitcoin payments earlier this month, the cryptocurrency community has been buzzing with speculation about which tech company will integrate Bitcoin next. So Jarar Malik decided to ask. "After the whole Overstock thing, I said 'f--k it,'" says Malik, a Bitcoin ear…
April 16, 2014 at 10:45 am
Hope your birthday isn't today...
April 16, 2014 at 10:30 am
The Advocates for Self Government Founder Marshall Fritz with Nolan Chart creator David Nolan.