Advocates for Self-Government President Sharon Harris and other communication experts provide tips, tools and training which will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with what the Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty. Learn about the best libertarian resources, the liberty movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events — and more.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our popular email newsletter. Get Intellectual Ammunition; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a great ice breaker, making it a great way for someone that may not be very outgoing to start a conversation about liberty.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Doug Craig, Chairman, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
From Our Facebook Page
October 24, 2014 at 7:40 pm
The bribery noted is unnecessary when you protect freedom and limit government.
October 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm
“The right to chew or smoke a plant that grows wild in nature, such as hemp (marijuana), is anterior to and more basic than the right to vote.”
Why have we let a conversation about voting supersede the more basic and fundamental right to choose what we put into our own bodies?
One of the most powerful arguments I've ever heard against the very concept of Our Right to Drugsthe War on Drugs was made by Thomas Szasz, the great libertarian psychiatrist.
October 24, 2014 at 11:05 am
Are you seeking the right answer?
October 23, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Big Government doesn't look like any box of chocolates seen in stores...
October 23, 2014 at 6:10 pm
A new study shows that economic liberty is fading in the U.S., the 5 best (and worst) libertarian TV shows, which police chief has joined the opposition to the war on drugs, and more in the latest edition of The Liberator Online:
October 23, 2014 at 3:25 pm
The Advocates for Self-Government commented on a photo.
October 23, 2014 at 1:50 pm
A bit of empirical evidence of how more freedom is better for the people.
October 23, 2014 at 9:38 am
This makes perfect sense in the mind of a bureaucrat. Rigid rules, special favors for the connected, and no common sense.
These actions by Big Government open many eyes to the size, scope, and control they have usurped over the people.
October 22, 2014 at 8:35 pm
Aggressive police take hundreds of millions of dollars from motorists not charged with crimes. Is this the product of "highway interdiction"?
Asset forfeiture is a dull name for a shocking little-known legal device Civil Asset Forfeiturethat allows law enforcement officials to take your cash and property — without a warrant or criminal charges of any kind — and keep most of the proceeds.
October 22, 2014 at 4:20 pm
Why would the government prevent us from helping our fellow man?
Seattle, Houston and Salt Lake City are among places restricting food sharing, advocacy group says
October 22, 2014 at 11:55 am
October 21, 2014 at 7:35 pm
How well off would you be?
October 21, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Congratulations to Dr. Selgin, as he joins The Cato Institute's new Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives to challenge the central bank’s policies and explore alternative ways to manage the U.S. money supply.
The Cato Institute is launching a new Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives to challenge the Federal Reserve's policies and reputation.
October 21, 2014 at 10:40 am
What's a tenth of a second (and the safety of drivers in the city) worth?
Nearly $8 million in revenue, apparently.
A quiet change with big effects.
October 20, 2014 at 10:15 pm
What do you imagine contributed to such a steep increase?
October 20, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Are you protecting and nurturing the new libertarians around you?
Keep them engaged and keep them around.
We must nurture and protect our newest libertarians. Our beginners. They will misapply libertarian ideas. They will say things that are not libertarian.
October 20, 2014 at 1:40 pm
October 20, 2014 at 9:25 am
"We don’t just want to be loved. We want to earn that love, earn that respect, earn that honor by being people worthy of honor, love, and respect. And, that is a very high set of demands on ourselves."
Are you a good example of libertarianism?
Rare talks with author Russ Roberts about his book “How Adam Smith Can Change Your Life: An Unexpected Guide to Human Nature and Happiness."
October 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Too much liberty? Is there such a thing?
October 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm
Afroman sees the atrocities resulting from the War on Drugs and released a "positive remix" of his smash hit from 2000 with a little help from NORML in a call to re-legalize.
Watch the positive new take on the classic track "Because I Got High" by Afroman in collaboration with Weedmaps and NORML. Keep an eye out for other ways tha...