Get tips, tools, and training that will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence from Brett Bittner, Sharon Harris, Michael Cloud, The Libertarian Homeschooler, and Dr. Mary Ruwart.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with the best libertarian resources, the libertarian movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events, as well as what The Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our weekly email newsletter. Get News You Can Use; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- The Advocates help people to put into words the longing for independence that most Americans feel deep in their hearts.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- “I love, love, love The World’s Smallest Political Quiz and working Operation Politically Homeless outreach booths. It is such a great way to open political dialog about the meaning of freedom, and there are few things more rewarding than helping someone discovery that they are a libertarian and need to be homeless no longer.
- I can’t imagine setting up our outreach booth without the World’s Smallest Political Quiz handy! The Quiz has increased our traffic tremendously and gives us a great conversation piece.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!
- In my campaign, the best way to expose someone to how libertarian they are was the World’s Smallest Political Quiz.
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Joe Hauptmann, Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Caryn Ann Harlos, Castle Rock, CO
- Chris Mayo, Former Congressional candidate, (IN-7)
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
- Rupert Boneham, 2012 Libertarian Party of Indiana Gubernatorial Candidate and former Survivor contestant
From Our Facebook Page
August 3, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Despite what the tax & spend/borrow & spend crowd within Big Government would have you believe.
August 3, 2015 at 1:55 pm
"The failure of state education, combined with the shift in emerging economies from farming to jobs that need at least a modicum of education, has caused a private-school boom."
The government monopoly on education is ending in developing nations, yet American politicians continue to throw good money after bad on the one they've created here.
ACROSS the highway from the lawns of Nairobi’s Muthaiga Country Club is Mathare, a slum that stretches as far as the eye can see. Although Mathare has virtually no...
August 3, 2015 at 9:40 am
August 2, 2015 at 9:11 pm
Libertarians have a unique way of looking at solutions. We focus on outcome, rather than intent.
Our first instinct is not to suggest that "there ought to be a law." Libertarians recognize intent for what it is. We recognize that someone, somewhere intended their idea to fix an existing problem, prevent a future problem, or make lives better.
August 2, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Anyone need a punny joke today?
August 2, 2015 at 12:35 pm
"In short, the TSA gives us plenty of fondling but not much real protection. We don’t need this same security theater at the mall.
Or the movies.
Or the ball game.
Or, for that matter, the airport."
Yet that's exactly what one legislator wants.
August 1, 2015 at 8:24 pm
August 1, 2015 at 3:11 pm
"[Impeding social mobility] is just one of several ways in which restrictive zoning policies harm the poor. An even more significant one is the way in which restrictions on new development artificially inflate the price of housing in many cities, thereby pricing many of the poor and working class out of the market."
Restrictive zoning laws harm the poor and working class by pricing them out of the housing market and making it difficult for them to start businesses.
August 1, 2015 at 10:00 am
Thanks for the reminder, Ron Paul!
July 31, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Savor the moment, folks... It's not often we see Big Government recognize that their intervention hurts anyone, let alone that it hurts everyone.
Licensing restrictions cost millions of American jobs and raise consumer costs by billions say federal officials in new report.
July 31, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Eminent domain, civil asset forfeiture, taxation... Any other examples of Big Government taking away your property without your consent?
July 31, 2015 at 10:17 am
The latest bubble, brought to you by Big Government...
America is facing a higher education bubble. Like the housing bubble, it is the product of cheap credit coupled with popular expectations of ever-increasing ...
July 30, 2015 at 7:24 pm
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right.
July 30, 2015 at 2:58 pm
"[T]he opening up of the Indian economy has enabled dalits [the lowest of 5 castes] to break out of their traditional low occupations and start businesses."
Capitalism is destroying India's caste sytem, and the impact of economic revolution is just beginning.
July 30, 2015 at 10:40 am
The crowd is usually uninformed or misinformed. Do what's right.
July 29, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Another of the "Conversations With My Boys" from The Libertarian Homeschooler.
She's a featured columnist in the Liberator Online, our weekly newsletter. If you aren't getting it now in your inbox, why not?
http://eepurl.com/bngXHH to sign up
What do you think about the war on drugs? I think it's none of the state's business what we can or cannot put into our bodies and what we can or cannot do with our money.
July 29, 2015 at 3:51 pm
July 29, 2015 at 11:20 am
Who needs free speech, right?
College is an asylum for the insane.
July 28, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Wise words from Ron Paul:
July 28, 2015 at 6:23 pm
Only Big Government would take from one person to give to another. Here are some egregious examples of civil asset forfeiture misappropriations:
Another lived rent-free in a confiscated house.
July 28, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Big Government knows best...
July 28, 2015 at 9:55 am
Thus far, this campaign is a brash, insulting spectacle, without any indication of what happens should he be elected.
Donald Trump. A businessman, a real estate mogul, a television personality, and, right now, the man who is DOMINATING the political news with his "boisterous personality."
July 27, 2015 at 7:52 pm
When force is used, the act is made worthless.
July 27, 2015 at 3:14 pm
"[O]ne day in August 2013, disaster struck. It wasn't a hurricane, a flood, or a drought. It was the government."
Americans are fighting for their right to garden.
July 27, 2015 at 10:24 am
Even the best among us can be fooled by words and promises. Make sure you're looking at their actions.