Advocates for Self-Government President Sharon Harris and other communication experts provide tips, tools and training which will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with what the Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty. Learn about the best libertarian resources, the liberty movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events — and more.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our popular email newsletter. Get Intellectual Ammunition; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a great ice breaker, making it a great way for someone that may not be very outgoing to start a conversation about liberty.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Doug Craig, Chairman, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
From Our Facebook Page
July 31, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Whether intended or not, this is the result of policy and regulatory directions undertaken by politicians and bureaucrats.
The question is, when will we stop them?
We can keep dynamic, low-cost young workers from outcompeting us in the marketplace, but only if we work together
When you examine the goings on in Washington DC (and state capitals across the country), do you ever get the feeling that you're watching a perpetual divorce, where everyone is concerned about punishing the other side more than they are interested in accomplishing something worthwhile?
July 30, 2014 at 6:50 pm
It starts with a belief in the free market.
July 30, 2014 at 2:25 pm
In real terms, wages have fallen. The drop is larger than it appears. Look at costs to see why.
Floating money without definition robs the American worker.
July 30, 2014 at 10:10 am
The Advocates for Self-Government added a new photo.
July 29, 2014 at 7:40 pm
Why fight something so powerful with hate?
July 29, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Are you using The World's Smallest Political Quiz for outreach this summer?
This One-Minute Liberty Tip to make your outreach booth a "Politically Homeless Shelter" may help you reach more attendees at the event where you're setting up.
On hot summer days, make your OPH booth even more attractive to passers-by: turn it into a “Politically Homeless SHELTER.”
“Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.”— H. L. Mencken
July 28, 2014 at 10:20 pm
A free market doesn't need government favors.
July 28, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Who is best equipped to make decisions on your behalf?
July 28, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Find out about a great libertarian-themed movie, how SWAT teams see themselves as above the law, what George Bernard Shaw's tailor knew that most don't and more in the most recent issue of the Liberator Online.
Don't get it in your inbox? Subscribe here: http://www.theadvocates.org/programs/liberator-online/
July 28, 2014 at 11:16 am
"We did not write the article,..." on their own link.
July 28, 2014 at 9:25 am
Who’s really to blame for strangling broadband competition?
Despite the public, political, and business interest in greater broadband deployment, not every American has high-speed internet access -- but who’s really to blame for strangling broadband competition? While popular arguments focus on supposed 'monopolists' such as big cable companies, it’s really…
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Liberty.me's event.
Friend of The Advocates The Libertarian Homeschooler Ana Martin will be presenting at Liberty.me U tomorrow night at 8 Eastern.
Will you join her?
July 27, 2014 at 2:27 pm
Interestingly, it's hardly considered as a course of action.
July 26, 2014 at 6:10 pm
"When the public is more afraid of the cops than the bad guys, the system is broken."
When the public is more afraid of the cops than the bad guys, the system is broken.
July 26, 2014 at 12:06 pm
July 25, 2014 at 7:15 pm
In your opinion, what has war "normalized"?
July 25, 2014 at 2:35 pm
"Defiance was the norm. Disobedience became the rule. Far from outlawing it, the outlaws built a world for themselves that has lasted even as the Prohibitionists faded from history."
To get to coolest bar in Chicago -- recently voted the best new bar in the U.S. -- you turn down a small alley and walk half-way down until you get to a small blue light. There is a man standing gu...
July 25, 2014 at 10:10 am
More wise words from our late friend Harry Browne:
July 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Need to know the difference between a Libertarian and a libertarian? Maybe share it with a friend?
July 24, 2014 at 6:20 pm
If you could abolish ONE AGENCY OR DEPARTMENT of the Federal Government, what would it be? Why?
July 24, 2014 at 1:40 pm
A look back at our FIRST logo image for #ThrowbackThursday #TBT