Advocates for Self-Government President Sharon Harris and other communication experts provide tips, tools and training which will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with what the Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty. Learn about the best libertarian resources, the liberty movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events — and more.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our popular email newsletter. Get Intellectual Ammunition; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a great ice breaker, making it a great way for someone that may not be very outgoing to start a conversation about liberty.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Doug Craig, Chairman, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
From Our Facebook Page
October 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Too much liberty? Is there such a thing?
October 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm
Afroman sees the atrocities resulting from the War on Drugs and released a "positive remix" of his smash hit from 2000 with a little help from NORML in a call to re-legalize.
Watch the positive new take on the classic track "Because I Got High" by Afroman in collaboration with Weedmaps and NORML. Keep an eye out for other ways tha...
October 18, 2014 at 3:20 pm
"[F]our cases where having access to a mobile phone or laptop proved crucial to an investigation and another case where such access was critical to exonerating wrongly accused teens" certainly seems worth having access to the smartphones of over 160 million Americans.
Encryption will “lead all of us to a very dark place,” FBI director says.
October 18, 2014 at 10:40 am
October 17, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Ebola has been a major focus of the news, conversation, and politics this week. What role, if any, should the federal government take to stem an outbreak domestically?
October 17, 2014 at 3:20 pm
Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do?
When your book is overdue?
October 17, 2014 at 11:05 am
VERY nice mention about the The World's Smallest Political Quiz in Forbes last week by Michael F. Cannon, describing his journey from a Big Government nanny in high school to a socially conservative university student to a libertarian free marketer 4 years out of college to a 100/100 libertarian shortly thereafter.
His journey is a reminder that no matter the starting point, ANYONE can realize the amazing capabilities of peaceful people voluntarily interacting with one another.
I would like to think that each time I changed my political views, the reason was evidence. But I can't shake the idea that evidence is not the main reason.
October 16, 2014 at 7:40 pm
Let's celebrate the beauty of making lives better.
Thanks to our friends at FEE for the reminder about what free people working together can accomplish.
October 16, 2014 at 3:20 pm
"[The federal government is] arguing that if you’re arrested for a drug crime, including a crime unserious enough to merit a sentence of probation, the government retains the power to (a) steal your identity, (b) use that identity for drug policing, thus making your name and face known to potentially dangerous criminals, (c) interact with those criminals while posing as you, which could subject you to reprisals from those criminals, (d) expose photos of your family, including children, to those criminals, and (e) do all of this without your consent, and with no regard for your safety or public reputation."
Think about that for a minute.
Shocking as it is, what the DEA did to Sondra Arquiett shouldn't surprise you.
October 16, 2014 at 10:55 am
THIS is the face of the War on Drugs and almost everything that's wrong with it.
October 15, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Has the government deceived YOU?
October 15, 2014 at 6:10 pm
Have you taken the The World's Smallest Political Quiz?
Share your score with us!
Liberals usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regul…
October 15, 2014 at 1:55 pm
What are you doing to spread the word about peace?
October 15, 2014 at 9:35 am
That moment when, after spending months debating, they find out that they already banned the activity a decade earlier.
In August, a troop of Turlock, California, Girl Scouts asked the city council to consider a ban on smoking in public parks. Months of sporadic—and occasionally
October 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm
What motivation do those busybodies have to make the best decisions?
October 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Interested in turning your smartphone into an ally for privacy instead of an enemy?
Three key apps help you connect everything to Tor.
October 14, 2014 at 10:40 am
How many Atlantans can now say #itookthequiz thanks to the Libertarian Party of Georgia's recent outreach at Atlanta Pride 2014 At Piedmont Park?
Looks like a lot to us! Nice work!
LOTS of pictures from the Atlanta Gay Pride Parade and Festival over the weekend from our friends at the Libertarian Party of Georgia. Look at all those new people who can say #itookthequiz !
Take a look at their outreach in the festival and their shout-out to the Quiz on their website over the weekend: