Get tips, tools, and training that will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence from Brett Bittner, Sharon Harris, Michael Cloud, The Libertarian Homeschooler, and Dr. Mary Ruwart.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with the best libertarian resources, the libertarian movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events, as well as what The Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our weekly email newsletter. Get News You Can Use; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- The Advocates help people to put into words the longing for independence that most Americans feel deep in their hearts.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- “I love, love, love The World’s Smallest Political Quiz and working Operation Politically Homeless outreach booths. It is such a great way to open political dialog about the meaning of freedom, and there are few things more rewarding than helping someone discovery that they are a libertarian and need to be homeless no longer.
- I can’t imagine setting up our outreach booth without the World’s Smallest Political Quiz handy! The Quiz has increased our traffic tremendously and gives us a great conversation piece.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!
- In my campaign, the best way to expose someone to how libertarian they are was the World’s Smallest Political Quiz.
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Bill Kochezar, McDonough, GA
- Joe Hauptmann, Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Caryn Ann Harlos, Castle Rock, CO
- Chris Mayo, Former Congressional candidate, (IN-7)
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
- Rupert Boneham, 2012 Libertarian Party of Indiana Gubernatorial Candidate and former Survivor contestant
From Our Facebook Page
September 2, 2015 at 10:10 am
Who will build the parks?
People who see a need and fill it.
Bishopville, SC (WLTX) - A man in Lee County built a park out of his own pocket for a community that didn't have one before.
September 1, 2015 at 9:13 pm
Which one is the libertarian?
The one pointing out that things could be worse? Or the one pointing out how much better things COULD be?
September 1, 2015 at 3:59 pm
"'There is no sign anywhere saying that berries cannot be harvested. To my knowledge, there is nothing in the park that even highlights this.'"
A Maryland man received a $50 ticket for picking raspberries. The ticket charged him with "destroying/interfering with plants to wit: berries.”
September 1, 2015 at 9:22 am
August 31, 2015 at 7:42 pm
Upset about Oreos no longer being made in the US? Look at the 435 people in DC who renew a New Deal era program every 5 years.
Protectionist price supports that prop up sugar growers in the United States, which raise the cost of overhead to make sweet snacks and junk food. Oreo’s move to Mexico isn’t a new thing.
August 31, 2015 at 3:02 pm
August 31, 2015 at 10:22 am
"[L]emonade dreams crushed by local neighbor" (and police)
Kids running a lemonade stand in New York got shut down by police last week after a neighbor complained.
August 30, 2015 at 9:32 pm
August 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Have you heard Whole Foods Market's John Mackey (businessman) discuss the radical vision of capitalism at the heart of his thought?
"Intellectuals have always disdained commerce" says Whole Foods Market co-founder John Mackey. They "have always sided...with the aristocrats to maintain a s...
August 30, 2015 at 12:12 pm
August 29, 2015 at 8:56 pm
There's nothing wrong with changing your view when presented with new information. Critical thinking rocks!
August 29, 2015 at 3:22 pm
The 10th Amendment seems to be a factor early on in the campaigns for President. Will any candidate consider that?
Voters in two of the early presidential primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire overwhelmingly agree: states should be able to set their own marijuana laws without federal interference. Democratic-leaning
August 29, 2015 at 10:47 am
For our students out there, don't let classes get in the way of learning.
August 28, 2015 at 8:36 pm
Isn't it funny when Big Government and their cronies tries to rig the game, and they still can't quite set it up the way they want?
A mistake by representatives of the Business Loop 70 Community Improvement District means a sales tax increase the district needs to thrive will require approval by a single University of Missouri student.
August 28, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Don't give up! Liberty is too precious to be scared away by those who aren't ready yet.
August 28, 2015 at 11:23 am
Did you get yesterday's Liberator Online in your inbox?
Click here to read it: http://eepurl.com/bxjdQz
Sign up here to get it each week: http://www.theadvocates.org/programs/liberator-online/
Are you interested in liberty? The Liberator Online is a newsletter published by the Advocates for Self-Government that brings you communication tips, liberty movement resources, and the introduction to, and exploration of, the ideas of liberty.
August 27, 2015 at 7:01 pm
Using force isn't generous.
August 27, 2015 at 2:35 pm
August 27, 2015 at 10:14 am
Freedom is popular. That popularity has drawn some to claim to support it in slivers that don't allow us to truly live free.
Economic freedom. Civil freedom. Religious freedom. Sexual freedom. Personal freedom. Political freedom. Freedom is popular.
August 26, 2015 at 8:09 pm
Do you agree that the most dangerous part about many drugs are the laws against them?
August 26, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Who knew that George Harrison (who wrote the Beatles' song "Taxman") was so prophetic?
**Apologies for the auto-play**
They’re calling it a ‘Cloud Tax,’ but it is sounding more to consumers like a Netflix tax. As more consumers turn to streaming video on services like Netflix and Hulu, and music on Spotify, states are looking to fill the taxes lost on the sale of tangible media goods.
August 26, 2015 at 10:54 am
Are you a free man? Or are you a dog?
August 26, 2015 at 10:54 am
Are you a free man? Or are you a dog?
August 25, 2015 at 10:40 pm
This is a neat visualization of economies throughout the world:
USA is number one, by a long shot.
August 25, 2015 at 6:29 pm