Get tips, tools, and training that will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence from Brett Bittner, Sharon Harris, Michael Cloud, The Libertarian Homeschooler, and Dr. Mary Ruwart.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with the best libertarian resources, the libertarian movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events, as well as what The Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our weekly email newsletter. Get News You Can Use; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- The Advocates help people to put into words the longing for independence that most Americans feel deep in their hearts.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- “I love, love, love The World’s Smallest Political Quiz and working Operation Politically Homeless outreach booths. It is such a great way to open political dialog about the meaning of freedom, and there are few things more rewarding than helping someone discovery that they are a libertarian and need to be homeless no longer.
- I can’t imagine setting up our outreach booth without the World’s Smallest Political Quiz handy! The Quiz has increased our traffic tremendously and gives us a great conversation piece.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!
- In my campaign, the best way to expose someone to how libertarian they are was the World’s Smallest Political Quiz.
- Brett’s presentation, “Why Libertarians Lose and How We Can Win” is a valuable training I highly recommend for all Libertarians looking to get elected to public office or help a fellow Libertarian with their election. In this presentation Brett identifies potential areas of improvement and then offers practical solutions based on his personal experience winning an election. I am looking forward to hosting a full day Advocates for Self-Government Libertarian Communication workshop.
- I had the pleasure of attending Brett Bittner’s “Walk the Walk” speech this year at Liberty Forum. It’s one thing to do activism; it’s yet another to spread the message of liberty passively by actually living like a libertarian on a daily basis. Brett gave practical, real-life examples and the results of walking the walk.”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Author Name
- Joe Hauptmann, Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Caryn Ann Harlos, Castle Rock, CO
- Chris Mayo, Former Congressional candidate, (IN-7)
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
- Rupert Boneham, 2012 Libertarian Party of Indiana Gubernatorial Candidate and former Survivor contestant
- C. Michael Pickens, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Washington State
- Rodger Paxton, host of The LAVA Flow Podcast
From Our Facebook Page
October 24, 2016 at 3:12 am
"But in truth, a lower percentage of Americans have private health insurance now than in 2007, even though Obamacare is the law."
President Obama and Hillary Clinton love to talk about the 20 million people who've allegedly been added to the health insurance rolls under Obamacare. But in truth, a lower percentage of Americans have private health insurance now than in 2007, even though Obamacare is the law. That's according to…
October 23, 2016 at 10:11 pm
An explanation of free will.
"Free Will and Human Dignity: A Love Story" by @LearnLiberty. Learn More: https://www.learnliberty.org/ What is the value of free will and the ability to mak...
October 23, 2016 at 5:18 pm
"In an age where censorship is running rampant on college campuses, students need to realize that it’s their freedom that is at stake – the freedom to say, write and think what they want." -Chloe Anagnos
But now, I think that roughly a quarter of American students don’t even understand the First Amendment - and they hate it because it’s the cool thing to do.
October 23, 2016 at 11:08 am
"Clean fuels proponents are using the threat of international competition to push the importance of Congress passing legislation on clean energy subsidies before the end of the year."
Clean fuels proponents are using the threat of international competition to push the importance of Congress passing legislation on clean energy subsidies before the end of the year. A Tuesday letter from the biotechnology industry to Republican and Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill makes clear that...
October 23, 2016 at 6:07 am
America’s main long-run retirement challenge is our pay-as-you-go Social Security system, which was created back when everyone assumed we would always have a “population pyramid,”…
October 23, 2016 at 2:03 am
"A growing number of people in Obamacare are finding out their health insurance plans will disappear from the program next year, forcing them to find new coverage even as options shrink and prices rise."
A growing number of people in Obamacare are finding out their health insurance plans will disappear from the program next year, forcing them to find new coverage even as options shrink and prices rise.
October 22, 2016 at 9:24 pm
October 22, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Not exactly the most efficient type of 'reform'...
Reupholstering the deck chairs on a sinking ship
October 22, 2016 at 11:58 am
"Supporting our troops means funding them, yes, but it also means making sure that we don't bankrupt their futures."
OPINION | Except that it never opens its books (although required to).
October 22, 2016 at 6:12 am
"It may not result in a perfectly free market, but as we say in surgery, “perfect is the enemy of good.”"
Applicants for a pilot’s license have to meet specified, transparent, and objective criteria for basic knowledge and demonstrable skill. It matters not which driving or flight schools they attended. They are being examined for the results of training, not where they completed it.
October 22, 2016 at 1:55 am
Something doesn't make sense here...
October 21, 2016 at 8:13 pm
"And for us liberty-minded folks who see that the problem is not the Republican paradigm or the Democratic paradigm but the Republicrat paradigm, this is the point: selling liberty is not the hard bit; rather, getting someone out of their current paradigm is the hard bit."
Goethe’s line, “We see only what we know,” is literally true. The inability to translate between paradigms would be incidental if it were not the sine qua non of political distrust and conflict. Selling someone something is not the hard bit; getting someone out of their current paradigm is.
October 21, 2016 at 3:51 pm
October 21, 2016 at 10:01 am
"Eliminating unapproved games of chance has proven an elusive goal for the Washington State Gambling Commission itself, which is why it can continue to announce raids on poker games decades after its creation. But in its diligent efforts, it has frequently picked unlikely targets for threats and enforcement actions."
Valve’s Steam platform's been used by players to facilitate games of chance, and the company is in hot water with regulators who want their skim as
October 21, 2016 at 5:15 am
"But before they can resolve the perennial tension between liberty and security, rank-and-file members of Congress would first need to be granted something they're denied: access to intelligence information."
The US intelligence community still appears to be violating Americans' privacy with domestic spying operations. But to reform these actions, Congress first needs to know how spies really operate.
October 20, 2016 at 11:59 pm
October 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm
"More than 80% of the money that Medicare paid to chiropractors in 2013 went for medically unnecessary procedures, a new federal audit found."
More than 80% of the money that Medicare paid to chiropractors in 2013 went for medically unnecessary procedures, a new federal audit found.
October 20, 2016 at 1:48 pm
"America is a free-speech zone, period"
America is a free-speech zone, period
October 20, 2016 at 8:13 am
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Scott Larson for Lake County Supervisor of Elections's video.
October 20, 2016 at 3:40 am
October 19, 2016 at 10:37 pm
"Look at your state and look at the mainstream options out there for you. Is your vote going to matter, really? Do you really think there is that much at stake in whether Clinton or Trump wins? If not, consider adding your vote to a cause that could actually make a difference."
For the first time in my lifetime, there is a reason to vote.
October 19, 2016 at 5:35 pm
''Think about how little you know about the politics, race, gender, or even nationality of the person who makes the bread you buy. You don't know because you don't care.''
Think about how little you know about the politics, race, gender, or even nationality of the person who makes the bread you buy. You don't know because you don't care. What you care about is getting the best deal on bread.
October 19, 2016 at 10:51 am
"Given this, it is possible that matters are starting to change. College is clearly for some people. But maybe not for everyone."
If you want to gain a sense of the thinking of many smart young people, have a look at this entertaining video.
October 19, 2016 at 5:13 am