Get tips, tools, and training that will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence from Brett Bittner, Sharon Harris, Michael Cloud, The Libertarian Homeschooler, and Dr. Mary Ruwart.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with the best libertarian resources, the libertarian movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events, as well as what The Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our weekly email newsletter. Get News You Can Use; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- The Advocates help people to put into words the longing for independence that most Americans feel deep in their hearts.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- “I love, love, love The World’s Smallest Political Quiz and working Operation Politically Homeless outreach booths. It is such a great way to open political dialog about the meaning of freedom, and there are few things more rewarding than helping someone discovery that they are a libertarian and need to be homeless no longer.
- I can’t imagine setting up our outreach booth without the World’s Smallest Political Quiz handy! The Quiz has increased our traffic tremendously and gives us a great conversation piece.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!
- In my campaign, the best way to expose someone to how libertarian they are was the World’s Smallest Political Quiz.
- Brett’s presentation, “Why Libertarians Lose and How We Can Win” is a valuable training I highly recommend for all Libertarians looking to get elected to public office or help a fellow Libertarian with their election. In this presentation Brett identifies potential areas of improvement and then offers practical solutions based on his personal experience winning an election. I am looking forward to hosting a full day Advocates for Self-Government Libertarian Communication workshop.
- I had the pleasure of attending Brett Bittner’s “Walk the Walk” speech this year at Liberty Forum. It’s one thing to do activism; it’s yet another to spread the message of liberty passively by actually living like a libertarian on a daily basis. Brett gave practical, real-life examples and the results of walking the walk.”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Author Name
- Joe Hauptmann, Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Caryn Ann Harlos, Castle Rock, CO
- Chris Mayo, Former Congressional candidate, (IN-7)
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
- Rupert Boneham, 2012 Libertarian Party of Indiana Gubernatorial Candidate and former Survivor contestant
- C. Michael Pickens, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Washington State
- Rodger Paxton, host of The LAVA Flow Podcast
From Our Facebook Page
August 27, 2016 at 10:58 pm
The federal government says it will keep marijuana classified as one of the most dangerous drugs in the U.S.
According to the DEA, marijuana has "no accepted medical use in the United States."
WASHINGTON (AP) The Obama administration isn't going to reclassify marijuana and remove it from the list of the most dangerous drugs.The Drug Enforcement Administration says in a lengthy notice in the Federal Registry that it consulted with the Health and
August 27, 2016 at 5:39 pm
August 27, 2016 at 12:48 pm
The answer is always MORE GOVERNMENT.
Maduro's government claims the lines are a calculated political attempt to stir up "anxiety."
August 27, 2016 at 7:35 am
You don't say!
Since 2009, more than 250 people moved between Google and other related firms and the federal government. According to the results produced by Campaign for Accountability’s Google Transparency Project, there have been 258 revolving door instances associated with Google employees and other related fi...
August 27, 2016 at 2:12 am
Seems a little backwards...
August 26, 2016 at 9:31 pm
Isn't amazing the free market amazing?
In an interview with Bloomberg, CEO Travis Kalanick revealed that the company is preparing to introduce self-driving cars to its fleet of drivers in..
August 26, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Those three little words <3
August 26, 2016 at 11:46 am
Privacy advocates are not happy.
According to a new Department of Homeland Security proposal, officials are considering asking visitors entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to disclose information pertaining to their social media presence.
August 26, 2016 at 6:49 am
"Before you go out and vote for the latest piece of legislation, here are five really stupid excuses people use to justify criminalization."
If we agree that opinions and force don’t mix, the logical conclusion is that one has to go.
August 26, 2016 at 1:34 am
August 25, 2016 at 8:44 pm
In what bizarro world are you expected to subsidize your competition to catch up to the innovations you've made to the industry?
Paging long-dead French economist Frederic Bastiat.
August 25, 2016 at 3:16 pm
August 25, 2016 at 10:28 am
Our new t-shirt designs are only available through September 5th!
August 25, 2016 at 5:05 am
Would this mother do a better job parenting from behind bars?
Thanks a lot, nosy neighbor.
August 24, 2016 at 11:50 pm
Turns out smugglers will build the roads if the government won't.
If black market businesses can successfully build up a road under the table, imagine what "legitimate" entrepreneurs would build out in the open.
August 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Chloe Anagnos's post.
"College is where you’re supposed to take risks, learn, and GROW personally and professionally."
My advice to all incoming college students: get out there and GROW! Good luck this school year!
August 24, 2016 at 2:38 pm
The Advocates for Self-Government was live.
Liberator Online Sneak Peek - 08/24/16
Get a sneak peek at tomorrow's Liberator Online with Chloe Anagnos!
Make sure you sign up by 5 PM Eastern Thursday to get it in your inbox:
August 24, 2016 at 8:18 am
A real world way to build rapport:
In order to reach more people, persuade them to adopt a more libertarian outlook, and keep them looking to reject the force of government intervention in our lives, we need to continue to build rapport and challenge their authoritarian beliefs in a friendly and non-confrontational way.
August 24, 2016 at 1:24 am
Without the incentive of profit, how much of this would occur?
Disaster planning part of doing business for the world's largest companies.
August 23, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Is knowledge of history the key to not trusting government?
August 23, 2016 at 3:12 pm
"I want to make the world a better place. But you have to do that in a sort of pragmatic fashion, not a utopian transformation. There’s not going to be a new human being that’s going to pop up [so] that human nature ceases to exist, and that’s been the myth of the socialistic man, that they can change human nature."
The CEO of Whole Foods Market says socialism is a fundamentally flawed economic theory that never has worked and never will.
August 23, 2016 at 9:58 am
It's OK to be offended, but that's no excuse to limit freedom.