Get tips, tools, and training that will empower you to successfully spread the ideas of liberty with confidence from Brett Bittner, Sharon Harris, Michael Cloud, The Libertarian Homeschooler, and Dr. Mary Ruwart.
The World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz presents a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, based on ten questions on specific political issues to find your place.
Keep up with the best libertarian resources, the libertarian movement, successful libertarian outreach, upcoming training and other events, as well as what The Advocates for Self-Government is doing to advance the cause of liberty.
Join the tens of thousands of individuals who read our weekly email newsletter. Get News You Can Use; amazing quotes; learn communication tips from libertarian experts — and more! Subscribe Now!
In Their Own Words
- My friend and I drove here [to Atlanta] from Oklahoma City and I’m really glad we did…. Some would look on it as kind of crazy for us to come this far for this event, but there’s nothing else nearly as important as the question of freedom and liberty for all people everywhere… I closed my music store in Oklahoma for the week to be here, and I feel it was more than worth the loss of revenue. You all did a wonderful job. Very inspiring.
- Thank you very much for presenting the Advocate’s program on Libertarian Persuasion last weekend. I enjoyed it greatly and learned much from it. I’ve also heard positive comments from its attendees… The Advocates method of libertarian persuasion is positive, thorough and structured – all things that lead to successful efforts to persuade and change policy and culture. Let’s plan more seminars for Indiana!
- Thanks for all the great insights and tools to help me become a better communicator for freedom. I feel this seminar has strengthened my weaknesses and will make my strong points even stronger. I’m running for office this fall and I feel that the people are thirsty for something new and exciting, and this seminar is a start of something good if not great for me to speak for the cause.
- The Advocates help people to put into words the longing for independence that most Americans feel deep in their hearts.
- Your seminar was inspiring and informative. You gave me specific tools that I can apply to my activism to grow the party, to incorporate into candidate platforms and tools that will help me to continue to fine tune my responses to questions that are asked of me. I will attend another of your seminars, and I will highly recommend it to friends. Thank you for your patience, your wit and for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.
- The Quiz has proven to be invaluable in breaking the ice with people who otherwise wouldn’t give our booth a second glance. It opens the door to conversations about personal liberty.
- “I love, love, love The World’s Smallest Political Quiz and working Operation Politically Homeless outreach booths. It is such a great way to open political dialog about the meaning of freedom, and there are few things more rewarding than helping someone discovery that they are a libertarian and need to be homeless no longer.
- I can’t imagine setting up our outreach booth without the World’s Smallest Political Quiz handy! The Quiz has increased our traffic tremendously and gives us a great conversation piece.
- The way that The Advocates for Self-Government talk about liberty and teach others to do so shows an intense passion for it. Programs like the “Libertarian Dozen” and other quality training give activists, candidates for office, and elected officials a great base from which to speak about and share the beauties of self-government.
- The presentation at the Marietta seminar was wonderful! Sharon always teaches her communications workshops in a way that anyone can understand, and everyone can take something useful away from them!
- In my campaign, the best way to expose someone to how libertarian they are was the World’s Smallest Political Quiz.
- Brett’s presentation, “Why Libertarians Lose and How We Can Win” is a valuable training I highly recommend for all Libertarians looking to get elected to public office or help a fellow Libertarian with their election. In this presentation Brett identifies potential areas of improvement and then offers practical solutions based on his personal experience winning an election. I am looking forward to hosting a full day Advocates for Self-Government Libertarian Communication workshop.
- I had the pleasure of attending Brett Bittner’s “Walk the Walk” speech this year at Liberty Forum. It’s one thing to do activism; it’s yet another to spread the message of liberty passively by actually living like a libertarian on a daily basis. Brett gave practical, real-life examples and the results of walking the walk.”
- David Cureton, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mark W. Rutherford, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Author Name
- Joe Hauptmann, Chair, Libertarian Party of Indiana
- Dawn Beene, Stockbridge, GA
- Doug Harman, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Georgia
- Caryn Ann Harlos, Castle Rock, CO
- Chris Mayo, Former Congressional candidate, (IN-7)
- Brett Bittner, Former Marietta City School Board Member
- Jordan Collis, Vice President, Young Americans for Liberty at Georgia State University
- Rupert Boneham, 2012 Libertarian Party of Indiana Gubernatorial Candidate and former Survivor contestant
- C. Michael Pickens, Former Chair, Libertarian Party of Washington State
- Rodger Paxton, host of The LAVA Flow Podcast
From Our Facebook Page
April 27, 2017 at 12:47 pm
April 27, 2017 at 7:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS — Hoosiers arrested for any felony, starting in 2018, likely will have their DNA collected by cheek swab and their genetic record stored in a state police database.
April 27, 2017 at 2:17 am
We all need this reminder from time to time.
April 26, 2017 at 9:49 pm
Are you surprised?
Reasonable people can disagree about how our tax dollars are spent, or whether our earnings should be confiscated at all, but Tax Freedom Day helps to put Americans’ tax burden into perspective.
April 26, 2017 at 4:01 pm
When garbage becomes the object of a physical disagreement, one should probably sit back and reflect on their political philosophy.
April 26, 2017 at 11:28 am
After all, why would prosecutors go after the origin of the drug trade when they have so much low-hanging fruit at hand?
On Tuesday, the biggest mass dismissal of wrongful convictions took place in a Boston courthouse. As a result, more than 23,000 low-level drug cases were dropped after it was proven that a rogue lab chemist had tainted evidence used to put these people in jail.
April 26, 2017 at 5:33 am
Are you thinking about seeing this movie?
God help us should we ever face a situation in our own lives when we need to act in the interest of human rights and in the same way – or need others to act on our behalf. This is why films like Zookeeper’s Wife exist: the point the way to heroic actions and inspire the same in us.
April 26, 2017 at 12:19 am
"I can't breathe."
"It stops today."
April 25, 2017 at 7:11 pm
The government says to the citizen: 'Your earnings are not exclusively your own; we have a claim on them, and our claim precedes yours; we will allow you to keep some of it, because we recognize your need, not your right; but whatever we grant you for yourself is for us to decide.'
The income tax is enshrined into law an idea that stands in total contradiction to the driving force behind the American Revolution and the whole idea of freedom itself. We desperately need a serious national movement to get rid of it – not reform it, not replace it, no flatten it or refocus its sti...
April 25, 2017 at 12:39 pm
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Bring Me's video.
It's pretty amazing what can happen when the government doesn't intervene.
These Two Guys Sell Food On Instagram And It's Better Than Most Restaurants
April 25, 2017 at 7:33 am
The agency thinks you should just plan your life around that idea that this might happen.
April 25, 2017 at 2:01 am
Ron Swanson is our spirit animal <3
April 24, 2017 at 9:29 pm
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Reason Magazine's video.
"Apart from putting you in jail or killing you, to take away your home or your livelihood is the most serious thing that a government can do."
"Apart from putting you in jail or killing you, to take away your home or your livelihood is about the most serious thing that a government can do."
April 24, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Our own Alice Salles speaks from experience:
Saturday, April 15, the day on which individual income tax returns have been traditionally due, anti-President Donald Trump activists flooded the streets of several major cities across the country to demand Trump release his tax returns.
April 24, 2017 at 10:57 am
April 21, 2017 at 11:59 pm
What do you read when you don't have to?
April 21, 2017 at 8:18 pm
Waste on waste on waste.
The team stinks and the fans are apathetic but the NHL is lobbying hard for a new arena, promising things will be different this time.
April 21, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Are anti-gun advocates unaware that minorities are also entitled to their defense when cornered or threatened by bigots?
As libertarians, it’s often difficult to find reasons to be hopeful when looking at the political process and how state and federal governments often ignore the classical liberal cry for more freedom. But every now and then, small government advocates are able to get certain policies passed locally…
April 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Looks like we're never, ever, ever getting back together with Google...
April 21, 2017 at 6:45 am
April 21, 2017 at 1:08 am
Holy privacy issues...
Could you see yourself doing this?
“People ask me, ‘Are you chipped?’ and I say, ‘Yes, why not’”
April 20, 2017 at 7:46 pm
The Advocates for Self-Government shared Chloe Anagnos's post.
From our own Chloe Anagnos:
These are a few of my favorite things...#TaxationIsTheft Gilmore Girls
April 20, 2017 at 2:56 pm
In a free market, this type of incident could have destroyed United, but in an environment where protectionism rules, United will suffer for some time before it bounces back up as few companies are able to compete.
The United Airlines fiasco has been all over the news — for a good reason. A passenger who had already been allowed to take his seat had his face bloodied as police officers were asked to physically remove the man from the plane. The incident had followed what many reported as being an issue with an...
April 20, 2017 at 11:32 am
Major news alert! We are so excited for the future of liberty in this next chapter and are grateful for our supporters.
In 1985, Marshall Fritz founded Advocates for Self-Government with the help of a small, visionary cadre of libertarians in Fresno, California. Since then, the Advocates has remained loyal to the mission laid out by Marshall and our founders. We have continued to identify, train, and develop a moveme...