How to Be a SUPER Communicator for Liberty!
This Advocates Libertarian Communication workshop will show you how to avoid the mistakes that turn people off to libertarian ideas. And it will teach you a wealth of easy, effective, powerful ways to make people eager to embrace our great message of peace, freedom and personal responsibility.
You’ll learn new techniques that will help you in every area of your life. You’ll hear things that will amaze you, things that will make you think, things that will remind you of what you may have forgotten. And you’ll have the opportunity to practice what you learn!
Guaranteed to increase your ability to open hearts and minds to the ideas of liberty!
The workshop is conducted by Sharon Harris, president of the Advocates. A communication expert, she has been active in the libertarian movement for over 40 years. She was a co-founder of the Libertarian Party of Georgia,, and in 2012 she was awarded the Libertarian Party’s prestigious Thomas Jefferson Award for “outstanding leadership, high character, and dedication to the principles and goals of the Party.”
Sharon has a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Educational Psychology. She is the author of the upcoming book, How to Be a SUPER Communicator for Liberty.
If you have questions about the workshop or want to know of a workshop planned for your area, email Brett now.
Don’t miss the chance to sign up for a workshop near you!
Here’s some of what you’ll learn at this lively and interactive workshop:
- The message vs. the messenger. The importance of the messenger and how to be a better one
- The first rule of libertarian communication
- The curse of knowledge and how to avoid it
- What DOESN’T work in libertarian communication
- What DOES work
- The importance of listening, benefits of listening, and how to do it
- Personality types and how to appeal to them all
- The power of questions and how to get your listener to come up with the right answers themselves
- Word choice: which words to avoid and which words to use to open minds and hearts to your ideas
- Soundbites, importance of and how to create and use them
- How to establish rapport with your audience
- Using the Ransberger Pivot to respond to hostile questions
- How to make libertarianism “sticky”
- Using the Worlds Smallest Political Quiz and OPH to discover and create libertarians and grow your libertarian group
- The Libertarian Denominator, an incredibly powerful way to describe libertarianism and make more friends for liberty
- Just how important is the movement for liberty?
We offer, in short, a treasure chest of effective libertarian communication skills; most of which will be new to the audience.
Email now to find out about planned workshops in your area — or to schedule one!